Monday, December 1, 2008

EM-TALK

Hey- I just wanted to tell you about the bread here. It is sweet and weird. They don't have icing here. I think it might be too sweet for them. They have whipped cream which I am kind of happy because I don't like icing too much except for chocolate. In Korean class last Friday we had 2 tests. One test was where we had to listen to what the teacher said and we had to write it down in Korean, of course. I got a 96% on that test. The other test we had to write down the words she wrote on the board ,which were the words from the other test and we had to convert it to English. The other students had to convert it to Chinese. I don't think I did too good on that one. This Friday my mom's second English class students are coming over to our apartment. We're going to have spaghetti and probably play the Wii and some of our American board games. There are only 4 students in her class. In her first class she has 18 students. But only the 4 in the second class are coming over....thank goodness!! I hope to take some pictures of what the Chinese women wear and then post them. They wear freaky clothes sometimes. They will wear a fancy top, with shorts with leggings under the shorts and really really really fancy tall boots.Well I better go...my mom is booting me off. Talk to you asap.
Luv,
Emma

2 comments:

Penny said...

Hey, Emma Had a hpme basketball game tonight. Kenzey sang the National Anthem and did a good job. We lost JV by 3 points and won Varsity by about 40. We played Kell. What are the main sports going on there now? Do you get to go to the farm and spend time with the animals at all? Good seeing you on Skype sorry I took all your time talkin to your Mom. Luv ya,
Penny

Benjamin said...

Emma,
Happy Belated birthday! I hope it was a special day for you. Do th Chinese celebrate the commercial Christmas, with trees and presents? May you enjoy the celebration of the true meaning of Christmas!! Always in our thoughts. Sheila Ashby